Considering I spent most of the day working on my toile, I got remarkably little done. Or it just seems that way.
I sewed up those darts on the sleeves, and fitted them a bit more. Ahh much better! :> I then took the whole thing apart so I could transfer updated changes and markings to the other side/sleeve. It was rather tedious and I seemed to be going in slow motion as I worked but it gave me a chance to make sure everything was even and clean up old threads.
I just finished putting everything back together so I have a complete, neat bodice toile again. I should really try it on again to double-check everything but I’m tired and don’t feel like it tonight. I have to go pick up the parents from the airport at midnight so I think I’ll go take a little nap instead and worry about the bodice later. :>
Once I have this bodice finalized (wouldn’t it be fun if I didn’t have any more tweaks to look after when I try it on!), I will drape the back pleat section. I probably don’t need to do a toile of that (I could just drape it on) but I want to make sure I can plot out my fabric usage and stripe matching to best advantage. I have *just* enough fabric after all.
The next step will be tracing a master pattern and starting on the real thing… I’m so excited! *sigh* Unfortunately I have a wedding and other things this weekend so I may not get back to this before Monday. I hate it when real life gets in the way of costuming!
38 days to the Belmont Tea and counting…