Thanks to a little WWKD, I finally got to work on my Victorian corset last night. It's only been on "The List" (TM) for 3 years. *sigh*
I'm using the Laughing Moon pattern, the Doré version (straight-seam). I had cut out a toile of the pattern last year so I pulled that out, finished transferring the markings and put it together.
The fitting went pretty well. The bottom hip/waist fit very well indeed, the top not so much. That's my fault though as my bust to hip ratio isn't at all standard. A little tweaking and it should be fine. The one major alteration I needed to make was to raise the bust a bit, it was too low for period stuff IMHO.
There also wasn’t much of a gap in the back. I realized when I went to cut out a second toile part of the reason for that - the pattern had 5/8" seam allowances and I had sewed it with 1/2" SAs. Umm opps. :P