Jenny La Fleur (jennylafleur) wrote,
Jenny La Fleur
jennylafleur

fitting and darting

The Peacock toileing today went much better, mostly thanks to my fabulous Mom who skillfully pinned and darted where I couldn't reach.

I made the toile in two parts - first the top which I based off of the Erte dress (which was in turn based on the S&S 1911 Kimono Dress). I tried on the Erte, marked it with pins approx where the new waistline and neckline should be and transferred those markings to the pattern piece before I cut out the toile.

The second half of the toile was the skirt which I based on Butterick 4092. I added a couple of inches to the bottom length and 4 inches to the top.


I tried them on separately starting with the skirt. I figured out where it was supposed to sit then Mom and I pinned and fussed with the darts and seams until it was nicely fitted. Then I tried on the top and we did the same, eventually pinned the two peices together.

The top is actually the under bodice, it will be sewn out of silk organza (for stability) and machine net (for softness) and will peek out from under the beaded vest. Now that the underbodic is in good shape I'll be drafting the vest pattern so I can work on the bead count so I can order beads so i can start beading. It's all about the beads you know!

Now that the skirt is in good shape I need to measure out the yardage and see if I have enough fabric for an over skirt and train... we'll see.

Oh yes and my kitty helper this am. Well not really, Nefret was having a lovely time keeping me company until I finially had to kick her off my bed, otherwise known as my sewing work space. :> She was so cute I hated to do it but the peacock was calling! :>
Tags: z:archive:20th:peacock
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

  • 6 comments