Ack! I knew I shouldn't sew when I wasn’t feeling good.
I made the changes I'd marked yesterday, cut a new toile, sewed up the toile, tried it on and... well it's all wrong. I have NO stinking idea how I did it but I managed to screw up the front. Somehow I ended up with about 3½ inches extra fabric at the side seam bottom. I didn't even touch the side seam! Yeah.
At the moment I am just not going to worry about it. I'm sure there is a simple answer and a simple solution but I'm not going to touch anything right now. I'm going to pack everything away until after the weekend is over. I think I just need a few days break and I need to get well.
The new toile did show me one thing at least, that I don’t like the higher neckline. Maybe I just need to reshape it a bit. I’m tempted to go with the original neck and just stuff the neckerchief down there for modesty, instead of tying it in front. We’ll see…
Mreh... this frustrating! I want to sew! *stamps foot*