Test #1 - lessons learned: Not sure I like the #6 green beads after all. I liked the idea of larger beads (less time and more vintage looking) but not sure about it once I saw it. I decided to do a second test with smaller beads from the stash.
Next issue - I don't like the blue silk taffeta for this project. I thought I would right up until the minute I finished the test and pinned it up on the damask. Nope hate it. It's very peacock-y with the green beads and if I was starting from scratch I would go for it but I don't like it with the damask. It looks rather disconnected and costume-y. I'm going for "clothing" not "costume" with this. *sigh*
So I panic. Then I run to the stash to see if there is anything else I can use. I have a few possibilities but nothing I'm jumping up and down about. Then it occurs to me that I could use the back side of the damask. I may have to leave off the spilt underskirt idea (because of fabric constraints) but it's a small sacrifice.
Test # 2 - Love the gold back side of the damask with the gold Czech beads. Much more cohesive and balanced I think. A completely different look but a very elegant and not so in your face peacock, which appeals. I want a peacock dress but I want it to be different too.
Yeah I do like the smaller #9 beads. Mom and even Dad agree. Darn it. They took so-o-o-o-o much longer to do. But they are so-o-o-o-o pretty. Perhaps I will compromise and get the size in between my two tests, #8. *ponders*
Time for another bead order I guess.