So not much has gotten done on my Ren Faire outfit. I managed to get some binding work on the stays done, that is it. Since I didn't feel like doing anything else, I spent a good deal of time yesterday scanning patterns, researching online, collecting images - that sort of thing. Despite loving these little jackets for some time I didn't have a single image of one in my files - tragedy! Luckily there are several lovely people on my friend's list who have been generous with their research and dress diaries. So not too much digging was required, just link following and a few Google searches. So now I know what I am making and pretty much how to get there so it was all time well spent.
Thanks to Arnold, Waugh and Tudor Tailor I have 4 patterns in the house to choose from, well 3 really as the TT is pretty much a copy of one of the Arnolds. I laid them all out this morning and decided to go with the TT, mostly because it is the only one adjusted to a modern body and I had such good fitting fu with their effigy pattern I'm hoping it will be true on the jacket as well. I like little things about all of them though so I'll do my usual multi-pattern merge. I rather like the look of the Waugh one, with its 7 gussets to the Arnold/TT's 5. Not a hard change to make to the TT though...
So I've enlarged the TT pattern and printed it out. Not sure I have enough energy to cut it out tonight so I may just work on the binding some more. The binding isn't strictly necessary for the faire but I'm really enjoying stitching it. So I am.