more typical Robe à la Turque, but it's a gown in the Turkish style none the less.
I found a fabulous repro by The Lady of Portland House Blog that I found very inspiring. I love the way she did the back, very similar to the 1795 open robe in Janet Arnold. In progress pics can be found here and the finished outfit is here.
So I'm definitely going to make one of these gowns this year but I want to get some of the projects I've already started sorted out a bit first, so I won't be starting it for a little while. Barring an attack of CADD of course. :>
As usual the project started with a fabric. This time it's a lovely silk that bauhausfrau was kind enough to give me. It's really gorgeous but with only 4 yards my options are limited. I originally thought it should be a jacket but honestly the colors are a little funky (great for my coloring but funky) and trying find coordinating fabric for a petticoat would be a nightmare. So I started thinking what else could I do with it when this style came to mind. I love my Bee robe so why not make a similar style to change-up my Chemise á la Reine, which I love but am tired of wearing in its current incarnation. Luckily the fabric coordinates nicely with the Chemise á la Reine, all I need is a new sash! *is excited*