Yesterday was very productive.
I mostly worked on a commission that is due at the end of the month. The dress, formally known as the prettiest toile ever
, needed some alternating to fit my client so I spend most of my day on that. Gah, alterations are SO time consuming! I also did another mock-up of the sleeve. The first mock-up looked pretty good at my fitting last week but I needed to add fullness/puff at the top. This toile looks pretty good, it just a little tweaking (more fullness at the back) and I can cut and assemble the real sleeves. Then the project will be done - yay!
I also worked on my stays a little bit. I sewed the two halves of the front lining together and then stitched on the bias tape for the horizontal boning. I noticed on tailordrews
last pair of Dideriot stays
he had more than 2 lengths of boning. Then I looked at the pattern. Sure enough, the illustration shows four pieces while only two are marked on the pattern. So I decided to experiment and add another piece to make three. I don't know if it will actually make a difference or not, we'll see.
I then started putting all the pieces together, although I didn't get too far with it. My bed was calling far too loudly! :P
Tags: commissions, z:archive:18th:stays:blue