Well I managed to cut out part of the stays tonight. I’m constructing them via the Mara Riley method. This worked well for the corded bodice. It also seems to be the method Hunnisett uses as well. So I’ve cut out the fashion fabric and will mount that to uncut drill.
I ended up not using that green broadcloth after all. It is technically Mom’s and she decided she wanted to use it herself. I was half thinking of using that rose linen-look I bought for the Faire Garb sleeves so it wasn’t a big deal. I must admit I’m starting to regret that decision though. The rose, being some form of poly blend, is very slippery and I’m pretty sure will be a terror to try and keep in shape. I hoping if I baste it really well (to the drill) I’ll be okay but it’s not going to be fun. Maybe I should mount it to some fusible interfacing. Hey that’s not a bad idea. Either that or consider ditching tonight’s work and just using something else… umm. I'm really regretting having ever bought the stuff in the first place.
I started to mark the boning channels on it too. I tried all the standard methods but the only one that would work was my trusty transfer pen. The one that bleeds through the interfacing, transferring the boning pattern below. Problem is it’s taking a lot of ink to show up on the rose so I’ve killed my pen. I’ll have to run to Wal-Mart and pick up another one before I can finish. Oh, I forgot to cut out the sleeves too… *makes note*
Tomorrow will be a full cutting sewing projects day so I’m off to bed…