I started a project today, a secret project. I couldn't resist! I'm feeling completed unmotivated about the Pimpernel so I'm doing the secret instead. So bad. But really the fabric is just sitting there!
I can safely say this is really sarahbellem's and lisotchka's fault. I'd drooled over Sarah's new black & white creation before finding this b&w stripe sheet buried in a bin of old curtains. Then lisotchka posted pics and video of her excursion to Vaux in her new jacket. Suddenly I had to have a stylish jacket with a white petticoat too and the stripe seemed perfect.
I was prepared to order some more of my lovely Indian voile for the petticoat when I found this lovely white-on-white stripe in the stash - even more perfect.
I knew I wanted to trim the outfit in some color so I brought out my ribbon and trim bins and started looking at different options. The trouble is everything goes with black and white, there are just too many options! Then I pulled out this yellow trim that I found in Jo-Anns (in the $1 bin of all places). Yellow and black - BEES! Right then and there I had to do it. It was too perfect.
I started work on the project today. I didn't get too far on it with helping Stephaine and Aubry arriving. I did decide it would be better to go ahead do a toile, although I don't want to. Changing sewing machines (now that mine is fixed) changes the seam allowances plus I want to lengthen and round off the peplem a bit.