I finally got the pattern to print late last night . I had to do it on Dad's computer/printer but I got it done. Stupid computer.
The first toile was *eh*. It needed a fair amount of work, which was disheartening, but I really liked the shape of the pieces and how they looked on me. The way the front panels looked with the stripes was just what I wanted.
I thought again about ditching what I wanted for another pattern but then thought "I CAN DO THIS" and went back into my room determined to beat the wretched project into submission. (Take that you costume!) Then I realized that part of my problem might be that I hadn’t added seam allowances before I cut out the toile. Duh!
So I've re cut the toile, tweaking it here and there per some of the issues I noted with the first and adding proper seam allowances. I'm just taking a break now before sewing it together. We are supposed to go out for BBQ to celebrate the Jayhawks victory over VA Tech (yay!) anytime now so maybe I'll just leave it there for now.
Not much to show for my sewing day but really toiles are a pain and my attitude is much better now so progress has been made.