I spent most of the day cleaning and prepping for tomorrow’s post Thanksgiving family gathering but I did manage to play with the bustle skirt a bit.
I roughly pleated up the back & then pinned together the back poof. It's all very rough but it looks pretty good to me! I really just wanted to know I was on the right track. I pinned according to the measurements on TV216
for the side pleat and back tie placement. Looks pretty true so I'm just going to go with them, maybe lengthening the middle tie a bit. (come on it’s me – I have to tweak something!)
Next I'll un-pin everything and sew on the lace, by hand I think for the neatness and control. Next up is sewing on the ties and stitching the side/back seam. I need to try on my Victorian corset to double check my waist measurement before I can finish off the pleats & waistband but that will have to wait a few days. I strained my chest injury with all the cleaning today. It’s quite painful at the moment. The thought of a corset (particularly lacing myself) does not sound appealing. *grimace*