I've been lazy about this Ren Garb dress diary, forgive me. I'm still having issues with my camera and rather than deal with them I've spent the time sewing and cleaning the house. I gave in this morning and spent most of the morning trying to figure out the problem but no luck. I'm going to try and get Dad to look at it for me today. It's so frustrating, one day the program was working just fine and now it's giving me fits. Luckily we have more than one computer in the house. :>
I spent my sewing time today working the eyelets on the bodice. They are all done now and look pretty good. I didn't spend a lot of time on them but they are still better than those nasty grommets. I hate those things! Anyway, with the eyelets in it's all ready to be tiered on and have a dress toile fitted over it...
I cut and attached the lining to the corded bodice today. I very scientifically laid the bodice on an old sheet and cut around it. Okay, so I did line up the grain first. :> Old sheets are wonderful things!
I attached the lining to the two back edges. I then decided to add steel boning to the side seams. I was really pleased with the results of doing this last time. I had to wrestle with the pieces a bit to sew a length of bone casing to the inside of the lining. I love out it's so tidy on both the out and inside now. Very much worth the effort. *giggle* I then ran a basting stitch all round the bodice edges to keep the lining in place before I get the binding on. I thought I had some left-over purple binding from the last corded bodice but apparently not. I can't find it anyway. I think I'm going to wait to bind the bodice until after I work on the dress a bit. I want to make sure the bodice won't show at all and I want to see which fabric I end up using. I don't want a dark binding to show beneath that khaki. Very tacky.
I found the pics from yesterday, the ones I thought were gone forever. By some oversight, they hadn't been erased from the camera yet so I was able to get them again. Yay!