The red glitter spray arrived earlier this week and I tested it out today. I didn’t get the results I was hoping for – moo. My poly/whatever didn't take the spray very well and when dry it looked more like dark orange flames than red. So I handed the dress over to Bridget to bead. I may add flames to the bottom in the end but I'm going to get everything else done first.
B has only been working on it for a few hours but the embellishment is already looking cool! I wish I had the time to do it myself (I love beading) but B always does such a nice job and this leaves me free to work on other things. My scrapbooking crop was canceled tonight and I wasn't feeling like moving around much so I pulled out the red print English gown and finished attaching lace flounces to the sleeves. I want to add some more trim to the neckline too so it looks all spiffy for the 4th of July event in a few weeks.
Tomorrow the family and I are off to Philadelphia for the weekend. We are going primarily to see the King Tut exhibit but I think we may stop in at Independence Hall and that stuff too. We’ve been talking about going for months but it was an on-again, off-again venture until a few days ago. Nothing like a last minute mini-vacation! I haven't been to Philly since I was 13 so I'm looking forward to it, despite the ultimate result of no CC sewing this weekend. *rolls eyes*