I wrote a nice long update on the fire yesterday and then somehow deleted it - moo. Anyway, we had guests for Father's day so while the hardwood floors were cat hair and dust free I laid out the dress on Narcissa to shape the train. I'm waiting to hem it until I finish the stenciling (the red glitter spray should arrive today - yay!).
B got started on the embellishment over the weekend, adding sequins to the inner sleeves. She is using both large flat gold sequins (off a clearance bin belt), and small flat gold sequins (same as I used on the Polignac). They are just scattered around and to save time she is gluing them. Yay glue and paint – I love this costume! :>
I started work on the underskirt as well. The lining and zipper are done but when I started to seam the chiffon layer my tension starting giving me fits so I stopped for the night.
In other news... I was very bad last night and while at Borders found the book: A Dress For Diana The book is really interesting, a detailed description of the process of the making of the dress - from the first concept sketches through fabric sourcing, toiles, mock-ups, embellishing and delivery. Lots of lovely pictures too, which is what really sold me on it.
Of course if I had an extra £1000 laying around I could have gotten the special edition version with a scrap of original silk taffeta but well... I am saving up for CC. *LOL*