So I finally get around to tracing the pattern and beginning work on the embroidered bee dress. I finish one motif, about the same amount I had done on the first version, when I realize why this second attempt looks more delicate than the first. It’s the wrong size.
Yep. I must have accidentally used an older saved version of the design when I traced it on, which is about 20% smaller. I like the larger version much better of course *rolls eyes* so I must start over. Again.
I really do think this costume is cursed or something. I have never had so many false starts and significant setbacks on a costume I haven’t even toiled yet! I must admit I’m thinking quite seriously about forgetting the whole embroidery idea. I’m not sure I can take much more.
In other news, I finished work on the striped petticoat (which is super cute), began on a new covered hat and found enough fabric in the stash for a new summer frock. None of these projects seem to be cursed thank goodness. I even bled all over my petticoat waistband, which I’ve been told is good luck. :>