Yesterday I sewed all the channels in my front pieces.
I decided to experiment with using temp basting spray rather than the pins and hand basting I've done in the past. It worked like a dream! My coutil pieces didn't shift or move one little bit. Yay! (I was careful to start with the longest center bones and to sew up and down in alternating directions too) I have to say I am loving working with the coutil so far. It really is fabulous stuff for foundation garments! :>
I used silk thread, since Bette, my sewing machine, didn't like the quilting thread I've used in the past. I like the silk thread alot though for this, it's so lovely to work with. *sigh*