Thanks to the week-long headache being friendly and having the house all to myself yesterday I *almost* finished my Regency day dress!
My dress form being out of commission I had to try it on a couple of times during the construction to double check the gathering placement of the bodice and skirt but in the end I'm very pleased.
Umm. It looks much better on me than on Narcissa. Oh and I made up the necklace from the vintage beads I got in SD too. It needs a red silk ribbon now. I'm digging the velvet red trim, which was Mom's idea. It's just enough pop and adds some texture. The fabric on the board behind the dress is what I'm using for my bonnet so that helps draw the colors together. Even though it doesn't match. I love not matching things perfectly.
So trim, sleeve hem and skirt hem and it's done. Yippee! Well I'm debating adding a strip of twill tape to the "waist" for stability, since I skipped the lining. We'll see.
Tags: hats, z:archive:19th:regency:cross-over